Thursday, August 16, 2007

Awesome Night

I just wanted to share what an awesome night I had tonight! We are involved with our small group from our church Mosaic & during the summer we've been meeting just for cookout & hang out time(not really bible study). We encourage everyone that hosts a cookout to invite their neighbors...well, it was our turn to host this month & I totally forgot to invite my neighbors...

Last night as David & I were taking our pup out I noticed a neighbor just getting home-I basically ran to their house(barefeet & all) and rang the doorbell...after I invited them, she actually hugged me & thanked me for the invite! Then as I walked home(barefoot)I noticed my zipper was down....haa haaa...I must have looked like a dork! But then I walked across the street & invited 2 more sets of neighbors....after I zipped up my zipper of course.

Well, let me just say how good God is....all of them came tonight!!!!!!!Everyone! Usually when you invite 3 people you'll get maybe 1(if your lucky) but we invited 6 and got 6!!!!!God is good!

We had a house full (about 16 people plus 10 kids) & I was just praying that we'd have enough food-and of course we did! It reminds me of the fish & the bread story in the bible.

I got a chance to connect with a neighbor who just had a stroke(about 3 months ago) and she is unable to speak really well. She understands everything but she can't always remember the words to say...I wrapped my arms around her & tried my best to make her feel comfortable(I can't imagine what that must feel like-to suddenly not be able to talk)
the other neighbor ladies & I discovered that we all love to scrapbook so we are planning a ladies get together in the next couple of weeks...

Man, God is good! I almost didnt run to my neighbors...I remember looking at David saying" It's too late, they arent going to be able to come-it's tomorrow"
But they came! Thank you God for being bigger than I am! I'd like to think that I'll continue to keep my eyes wide open to your prodding...zipper down & all! Hee hee....

No comments: