Sunday, December 31, 2006

Time with Family & Friends

Christmas was so fun. We enjoyed the semi-warm, sunny weather. I made my very first turkey dinner(with my mother-in-laws assistance)(and by the way, it came out great!)We had our dear friends Dan & Jen, Brian & Leslie, Kevin & Missy over for a spontaneous get together that lasted all night until wee hours of the morning(4am!!!). They taught me how to play Idiot Poker(because I'm too much of an idiot to learn the REAL Poker I guess-hee hee) We sang worship songs while Jen & Dave played guitar, we talked about our upcoming Hawaii trip(okay maybe not upcoming, but next Christmas) Yippee!!! We spent wonderful time with both our families, eating & laughing uncontrollably. We told the kids the christmas story & acted out the events to remind them the true meaning of christmas(we do this every chrismas morning). And we spent time just chilling out from our last few months of craziness...beyond the whirlwind it has been & the trying times, God has continued to reveal himself to us...thru an answered prayer, a unexpected phone call, an unexpected guest at christmas time, honesty spoken & also thru the words of my child.

Thank you Father for the love of friends & family, thank you for laughter in the midst of pain, thank you for your undeniable love, guidance, and patience with me...I know that I am not as faithful to you as I should be but I can't imagine my life without you...I love living life for you...remind me daily to do this more & more...so that I can continue to see your face thru everyday life, your creation that surrounds me & thru those that I encounter daily...

No comments: