Thursday, July 27, 2006

My story

It's amazing how God uses your life...your faults, your mistakes, your past sins to bless someone else when you FULLy give your life over to him.
I never imagined in a millioin gazillion years that I would be admitting my past to anyone...especially to someone that I didnt really know very well.
A new friend of mine at our church who is a new believer told me that she was "living in sin". She laughed but I think she really felt convicted for the types of things that were in her life. She asked my opinion.(Which amounts to not much of anything in my eyes)but I gave her my opinion. I told her that I would love to meet with her sometime to chat about my story and fill her in on how God changed my life.
So, today we met before I had band rehearsal and we walked around and around the church building just talking. She was almost speechless. Her eyes welled with tears. She was moved by MY story... Yes, I wish I had made better choices in my past but I am so thankful that God is able to use me regardless of my faults and sin. I think I see why it is important to open up to those around us. To just let go of our inhabitions...you never know who you will bless or who you will be blessed by...thank you Lord for forgiving my sins and for giving me the strength that I needed to speak your truths...

1 comment:

Unknown said...

That is great. I have skimmed over your story and I want to talk to you sometime about it.

It's so exciting how God uses us when we make ourselves available.

Joy