Saturday, March 18, 2006

The mind of a 3 year old


I was putting little Isabelle to bed tonight and we were just talking and shooting the breeze about tea parties and veggie-tales(the usually random stuff), then I decided to pray for her. I love this time because we hold hands and I get a chance to verbally thank God for my sweet girl. I have to say that tonight was an extra special prayer(not that I normally rank them or anything)but it was a good prayer-beautiful and rich in my wording-but after I said"Amen" Isabelle's eyes lit up and looked up at me...I thought that she was going to say something like"your the best mommy in the whole world" or " I love you mommy thanks for the prayer"...well, she didnt say either of those...instead with her eyes all lit up she said...

"Mommy, doggies pee!"

Yep! That's usually what I think about after a prayer...but she was so excited about this fact and continued the conversation about it for the next 5 minutes!
I have to say, it was awesome! She had so many wonderful things to say about doggies peeing and how when we get a dog she will hold it's tail up so that she can teach it to go potty in our bathroom...on our potty! I can see it now...
I love that girl, what an imagination. And she was so believable, with her eyes all aglow, that I even started to believe that she could teach the doggie to pee on the potty...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

If she figures it out, can she come over to my house and teach Juliet how to go on the toilet?

Anonymous said...

Small world - that's how I usually end my prayers too!