Monday, March 06, 2006

Do not worry

One of my favorite passages in the Bible is Luke 12:22-34

It is rather long but the idea is to not worry about life. Life has enough worries on it's own. But God cares so much for the birds that He feeds them, he cares for the lillies and helps them grow, he even cares so much for the grass in the field...and yet he tells us that we are more valuable then these. He tells us to not set our hearts on what we will eat or drink or wear, for he, our Father knows that we need these things. Instead, seek His kingdom, seek His face. And he will give us exactly what we need. In full and them some.

I went thru a time a couple of weeks ago where I was not seeking his face. I was far from Him. He was always with me, but I was not acknowledging Him. Now in a desperate cry out to him I realize that nothing on this earth satisfies me like him. Nothing. I was relying too much on others to fill that joy, but God wantes me to fill it with him. Often people fail us, all too often, and we need to realize that He is all we need...we need to seek his face.
Thank you God for bringing me to this lonely, quiet place where I realized that I needed you. You are my one and only...I will worry no more.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Doesn't seem like we always need to learn this lesson the hard way? We come to the end and then are thankful for the reminder that He is enough, however we (or at least I) complain all the way along to that point, totally missing it! Ahhh..Life...it is so hard!

Anonymous said...

uh, that is supposed to be doesn't it seem...