Thursday, October 27, 2005

prayers of a child


Sometimes as a parent you wonder if anything you do or say ever really gets into your kids heads. Well the other night when Cancun, Mexico was hit by the hurricane...Abby and I were surfing the net together. We came across pictures of the storm...I looked over at her and she said,"Mom, I just feel so sad about all of our friends in Cancun(we visit there a lot and have made several lasting relationships) I just feel like I need to pray."

I was taken back. We try to pray as often as we can with the girls, not just at meals or before bed, but about life too throughout the day, but wow...she got it...she felt sad, and wanted to take her heavy heart before God. How amazingly beautiful is that?

She then knelt down in prayer for our friends, by name who were going thru the storm...

Several days later we received a call from a friend that needed prayer. We were having dinner at the time the request came in and right away Abby said, "Can I be excused for just a minute please?" She walked away from the table, went right over to the couch and knelt again before her Heavenly Father to pray for our friend....

They watch and hear our every move. We have to be doing our best to live holy, blameless lives not only because God calls us to, but also because there are little people in our homes modeling their lives after ours... scary thought but it helps to keep us on our toes...I think I'm in trouble with this one, I have a feeling she is going to call me out on a lot of things as she gets older...

Thank you Lord, for giving me such a special little girl...may she grow to love and serve you with her whole heart...

3 comments:

relauncher said...

Sweet pic...
Sweet post.

Anonymous said...

Angie-
That is so special! You guys must be doing a lot of things right for her to have such instincts to pray about things. Of course, I've always thought you were amazing parents - ones I'd be honored to be anything like when I have kids. We look forward to seeing you in action (in person)! Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

WOW,

What a great story. I will be sharing that with others. It was so great talking to you last night. What an encouragement.

Hey, you should somehow put the video of abby on your blog that you made for "the well"

Joy