Monday, March 17, 2008

life of a working mommy

Since I have been working I need to figure out how to schedule my "new" life. It has been a full week of work & overall it went pretty well. I love the new job! I find its like a race. Quite literally since I am on my feet all day & running around helping people. I actually lost 3 pounds in my first week :)
I like dressing up the store windows-undressing the mannequins is a little strange, but it's fun to make things look appealing. I've really enjoyed helping people with fashion questions & I'm learning a lot.
But my life at home needs some work too. I need to prioritize my days when I'm home. I am still homeschooling Abby & we're finishing out her 1st grade year so I need to do school, clean, do laundry, play, make meals...etc on my days off. I started to get down on myself for not being able to do it all. Then I realized that I have just been taken away 32 hours out of my normal routine from home....wow!!!!! 32 hours!!!!!
So, I am making out a schedule of when things "get done". And when they don't...oh well. I am not superwoman.
David has been a great help with everything & we're trying to figure out our new way of life together.
I really look forward to coming home to my family after work. The girls actually run up to me to greet me. Since I've always been with them I have never really gotten a whole lot of that before. It's a great feeling. So I am really treasuring my time with them even more.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

mmmmmmmm...i hear ya. it is difficult to manage it all. but by god's grace we can do it and THRIVE at the same time (even though there are a lot of days we just barely make it to the pillow). you can do it!!! and congrats on your job :). i had no idea you were working!!!