Tuesday, September 25, 2007

A little time away

Last weekend I spent driving alone out to Columbus to visit a friend who moved out there. The entire trip I sang my heart out...!!!!!She invited me to spend the weekend with her & a few other friends of hers to just hang out, shop, go the the salon & have fun! We spent the entire day Saturday shopping-uninterrupted-literally ALL day! I don't think I have ever done that! But being on a budget I didnt spend very much money-the other girls spent around $200-$300 each....wooooo! Then we headed to a salon where they all got massages & I decided on a new haircut! What fun to not be in a hurry-to just chill. I read a magazine, I ate slowly, I walked slowly thru the mall...I took my time. We tried on hair extensions(wow, that was so much fun), we got free makeovers & just had fun!
After we shopped till we dropped we finally got to dinner-at 10:00pm! We had an amazing yummy dinner at a restaurant called Mimmy's.

Then the next morning-I slept in to almost 9:30am!!!!!Ahhh, it was nice to not have to rush, get up, take the dog out, make breakfast...etc...I slowly got out of bed, took my time in the shower, ate breakfast & enjoyed conversation with the other girls.

Everytime my friend & I get together she asks a lot of questions about God. We always get into deep conversations because she is really searching. She takes her kids to Catholic church but does not believe all that they do. So we all just sat around & talked about God over cinnamon rolls & coffee.
Thank you Lord for a wondeful weekend of relaxing & sharing a little about you...

No comments: