Friday, January 05, 2007

Happy Birthday



David,
We have known eachother for almost an entire lifetime...when I look back at your life I remember some wonderfully fond memories... when you were only 11 years old rollerskating at Skate 8, smiling as you glided by(I thought you were cute then too), I remember when my mom would tell me that you were coming over to have dinner with us & she would say"One day you'll marry that David"(I could have only dreamt she'd be right), I remember the many times you'd come to play with my older brother & you would always come to my rescue when he was mean to me, I remember when we were both signed up for the same karate class & how we stood next to eachother in our gee's, I remember you sitting next to me in youth group playing with my long hair, I remember you walking into a party with your striped baggy pants & muscle shirt(wooo you looked hot)I remember you asking me to a Michael W. Smith concert(as friends)and how long it took me to figure out what to wear, I remember the kiss on my forehead, I remember you sitting under the stars telling me for the first time how much you cared about me all of these years, I remember sitting on my parents couch when you told me that you loved me & wanted to spend the rest of your life with me, I remember your face as I walked down the aisle, I remember holding your hand & you smiling at me as you so gently told your vows to me, I remember your sweet voice telling me to breathe as our first & second daughters were born, and I remember your face how it lit up as you held each of them, I remember eating late at night watching movies & laughing uncontrollably with you...I look back and know that I am truly blessed...I have married my best friend, I can't imagine life without you David. Thank you for being who you are & for loving me so unconditionally throughout the years. I love being your wife, your friend & your pal. Thank you for being such an amazing dad & husband...you lift me up everyday! I pray that you have a wonderful birthday & I look forward to spending many, many, MANY more with you...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy, Happy Birthday Dave!!! Love the genuine, heart-felt post. You guys really have a neat story. :)