Thursday, September 01, 2005

Popcorn & Kisses

This morning, a lot like many mornings, my girls woke up & asked for popcorn. For those of you that know us well, making popcorn is not rare. You should see their faces as they watch patiently as the seeds begin to pop. Then screams & squeals belt out of them. The neighbors must think we're crazy because of all the fun at our house! It's such fun to do the little things that make them happy.
Later in the day as I was making burgers on the grill, little Isabelle came up to me & said," Look mama, a baby popcorn!"
I was a slight bit confused because I didnt see any popcorn & I didnt know what she was talking about. Then she showed me the inside of her nose....!!!Yep, that's right, another "nose" story to tell. When Abby was about Isa's age she stuck a cooked pea up her nose...the day I was in labor & a few hours before I had Isa...anyway, so there I was again with a toddler with something lodged in her nose. What's a mother to do? First I panicked, gently that is...I smiled & tried to hide from Isa that we might have a problem, then I remembered what the doc suggested when Abby had her nose issue. ...Plug the other side of her nostil & give her a big Kiss & blow!!!!So, I told David what happened & he came to the rescue! He knew just what to do since he was the kisser with Abby...Isa sat patiently on the kitchen counter as I explained that Daddy was going to give her a big kiss...she said, "ok mama" , David blew into her mouth & out poped the popcorn!
Whew......I hope this is the end of my nose stories...thanks David for being our Hero!!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

what exactly is the appeal in putting some sort of small object up ones nose? I think I must have missed that phase in life.

Unknown said...

Hey,

Here's my nose story. Ashley, when she was small, broke my pearl necklace and decided to stuff them in her nose. This resulted in a trip to the ER. He had to retrieve the pearls...and graciously asked if I wanted them back. I declined...they were not real.

Joy