Monday, August 29, 2005

wonderful cross

Oh the wonderful cross...

we sang this song at church sunday nite...I've sung it before but this time it really touched me. What a wonderful thing Jesus did for me on the cross...he died so that I may have life...he died to forgive all of my hideous sins...he did all of that for me? Oh the wonderful cross...

The message also hit home for me...serving others...loving others...expecting nothing in return...do I do that? Do I do things expecting love back? Or gratitude back? Or something material in return? I hope that my heart is right with that...I hope that I love because I need to not because I desire it back...God calls us to love unconditionally ALL THE TIME...to everyone...even the un-lovely.
Even the poor, the sick, the ugly, the crazy, the strange, the ones that annoy us to all end...EVERYONE!!!! God put it on my heart to really branch out a bit...to go beyond my comfort level with this...how? I'm not sure yet, but I want to love the un-lovely, love because He loves...show love to the world...anyone with me? If so, how can we do this here & NOW?

No comments: