Thursday, April 03, 2008

Straight up now tell me

This afternoon over lunch, we started talking about "future husbands". Isabelle who is now 5 says "I really wish that I could marry Daddy!"
" I know sweetie, he is the best isnt he?" I replied.
" Yes, I just want my husband to be JUST like him" she says back with a huge smile.
" Well, why don't we start praying for your future husband to be JUST like your Daddy..someone who loves God, who is kind & gentle."
"Okay. "

At this point I thought the conversation was over...then we start talking about American Idol. They watched it for the first time with David the other night & they are now hooked. (David Archuletta is their favorite).
Then Isabelle says "Mom, I wouldnt want to marry someone like that mean guy on that singing show" she paused then continued," I wish I was a boy then I would marry that nice girl"
"Which nice girl are you talking about?" I asked her.
"The one who always says the nice things" she replied.
"Oh you mean Paula!"
"Yes, I wish I was a boy so that I could marry Paula!"

That's right folks, my daughter wants to marry Paula Abdul.

1 comment:

Amber said...

That story is both tremendously sweet and hysterical at the same time! :-)