Monday, January 09, 2006

Getting my head back together


Okay so I'll admit, I havent posted anything worthy of reading in the last...well, a really long time. My head has been "mush" lately. I now know why. 12 weeks before Thanksgiving I was training for a 4 mile race(I know it's not that BIG of a race but for me who has never ran long distance it was HUGE)and I was eating healthy, making time for my Heavenly Father every morning, and just plain...taking care of my outward & INward self. Well after the big snow storm which did not allow me to run the Thanksgiving race I pretty much stopped running, stopped getting up early to meet my Creator and my eating...well, let's not talk about that! So, a couple of nights ago when I saw my mom who has lost about 80 lbs and is walking everyday...I decided it was time for me to get my head back together again. This morning I woke up(almost at the time I wanted to)and I had some serious face time...confessed to God that I had been spoiled in my "loving sleep too much" and not waking in time for our morning meetings...how sad. Jesus just wants me to meet him, face to face. To chat with Him. To pursue Him. He desires intimacy with me. To speak to me. It's beautiful really. A God who created the whole earth, wants to talk with ME? Amazing...yet, I don't make time for him...

It was nice to sit with Him this morning...Just the two of us. I am looking forward to our meeting throughout the day when I call on Him or when He reminds me of His love thru my little girls sweet kisses, or from the sun coming up, or a uplifting song...I am also looking forward to my time in the morning...Thank you Lord, for loving me...always. And for always allowing me to come back to you...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know my day goes a whole lot different when I make the time to meet with God first! Glad you are feeling encouraged by Him!

Anonymous said...

I would love to meet with you on a Tuesday!
I'll call you and we'll set up a time!
carrie