Thursday, November 10, 2005

A time to rest



Yesterday was my day to rest. I slept in late because my girls were staying at their Grandma's ...I didnt get out of bed until almost 10am...oh how glorious it was! I ran, did a quiet time, took a long bath, then got my hair cut. (something that I usually don't do anymore). I have to say, it was strange having the entire house to myself. It was quiet. I didnt hear pitter-patter of little feet or "mommy I need you"...and to be honest, it was nice. It was nice to just...be. It was nice to take my time eating my lunch. It was nice to watch something on tv that I enjoyed. It was nice to go to the bathroom by myself...hee hee, but you know...when those girls walked thru the door, I lit up! I really missed them. Even though it was nice to have some "mommy" time, I really missed being those things to my girls. I love hearing "mommy I need you". Those words will probably only last for a short time, I have to savor them...so today, I played hard with them. We played and played and I didnt worry about the house, or the mess, or the time, I just played and it was nice too! At one point we were playing "fox and the hound" and Isabelle wanted to put me to bed, so she covered me up and we "pretended" to sleep...well, I really did fall asleep...opps, okay, so most of the day I played hard, that time, I "pretended" really really, really good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dude, everybody needs some mommy time sometimes...